World Superbike tv broadcast in Australia?

Enjoy the cracking World Superbike season in our WSBK Forum.

World Superbike tv broadcast in Australia?

Postby doctorrock » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:59 am

Hello All,
For all my efforts googling for an answer I couldn't find out who will be broadcasting WSB on free to air tv in Australia this year. Does anyone know?
I'm concerned I will miss this fantastic series this year as there is no online viewing available anymore. :cry:
doctorrock

Postby Jim Race » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:25 am

I just saw that, and am pretty angry. Not for me, because I couldn't watch it anyway. Infont? You've made a massive mistake....

-jim
Jim Race

Postby teddie_2stroke » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:54 am

No free to air coverage in Australia.

Fox Sports owns the rights to WSBK and Fox Sports 1 is showing all the races live.

I think this sucks that its not on free to air like Moto GP but they paid for the rights.

I don't think I'll be able to make it down to PI this year so i'm going to have to find a pub which will show the race and consume beer between 11 and 5 on race day :D
teddie_2stroke

Postby doctorrock » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:36 am

teddie_2stroke wrote:No free to air coverage in Australia.

Fox Sports owns the rights to WSBK and Fox Sports 1 is showing all the races live.

I think this sucks that its not on free to air like Moto GP but they paid for the rights.

I don't think I'll be able to make it down to PI this year so i'm going to have to find a pub which will show the race and consume beer between 11 and 5 on race day :D

Thanks for the reply.
doctorrock

Postby doctorrock » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:10 am

I just checked out Fox sports prices and unfortunately I'm unable to justify the monthly expense. Why am I bothering to come on here and share that information with you, you may be thinking to yourself?
Simply to highlight the fact that with no more online broadcast or free to air tv broadcast available, those who can't afford Fox in Australia will now miss this series, and I think that is a real shame.
doctorrock

Postby teddie_2stroke » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:15 am

Dude its sucks but at the same time the live online broadcast was always blocked from Australian ISPs because Fox had the rights.

My suggestion is to find a local pub with foxtel and watch it from there, or if you don't have that option torrent the races down after the race and don't go anywhere near a motorbike website till you've watched them.
teddie_2stroke

Return to World Superbike Forum